[Savannah-register-public] [task #8877] Submission of I2C Tools for Linu

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8877] Submission of I2C Tools for Linux
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:33:26 +0000

Hi,

sorry for the delay -- we have quite a backlog of open items here.
Your project will be judged in regard to
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly
so make sure every point has been met.

On a first look, I would point out these issues:

- All GPL license notes need to have the "or any later version" clause.

- The years of the copyright should be written down explicit, not as ranges
(1999 -- 2002  --->  1999, 2000, 2001, 2002)

- Please help your users to distinguish the kernel from the operating system.
We understand that your project is somewhat more related to a specific kernel
than to the operating system, but you should make it clear in your Readme and
description when you are talking about what.
For example, "This is a set of tools for the Linux kernel. They compile, run
and have been tested on GNU/Linux."

You can attach an upgrade archive to this tracker item. I will automatically
be noted about this and can continue the approval process then.