Re: [Savannah-register-public] Re: bbbmt_tptbt sources

From: Alexander Shulgin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] Re: bbbmt_tptbt sources
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:24:38 +0200

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 6:49 PM, B.S.J.W. Stephenson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Alexander Shulgin wrote:
> >
> > This FAQ item might be handy:
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/DownloadArea
>
> I have tried this as best I might .
>
> The only way I have found to get anything to gnu ; in any way that appears
> to have arrived ; is the initial upload at the registration point !
>
> Why does ' My account conf '  'Authentication Setup ' still contain a
> warning declaration in red that  "Your Savannah password is useless for cvs,
> rsync, scp and sftp. You have to register a SSH Shared key for those
> purposes."
>  I have supplied two SSH public keys as it also indicates . I am not an
> expert upon secure shell .

Possibly, the wording is misleading.  This is just a reminder that
password for web access to Savannah tracker should not be used to
upload files.  This warning doesn't normally disappears even if you
register some SSH keys.

Once you've successfully registered your SSH key, you should be able
to upload the files using methods described in that FAQ item (scp or
SFTP).

> What am I doing wrong ??

Nothing in particular I think.

Please keep the savannah-register-public list in CC: This way it is
more likely that you'll get timely response from someone on the list.
;)

--
Regards,
Alex