[Savannah-register-public] [task #8435] Submission of FreePokerDB

From: Steven Robson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8435] Submission of FreePokerDB
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:11:28 +0000

             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #2:

Hi,

I'm sorry but I've had to place your approval on hold. Just after I posted
the last message, I noticed a further issue which prevents me from approving
your project.

I noticed that all of your files state this:

#This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
#it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by
#the Free Software Foundation, version 3 of the License.

Licensing under the "GNU AGPL v3" is problematic. Would you agree to license
your project under the "GNU AGPL v3 or later"

The reason for this is that when we publish later versions of the AGPL, it
will be important for all AGPL-covered programs to advance to the next version
of the AGPL. If you don't put this in the files now, the only way to port your
program to a later version of the AGPL would be to ask each and every
copyright holder, and that may be very difficult.

We can explain the issue in more detail if you wish. If you have concerns
about "GNU AGPL v3 or later", we'd be happy to address them too. If you do
update your files to "GNU AGPL v3 or later", please use the wording from the
end of the GNU AGPL itself, in the section "How to Apply These Terms to Your
New Programs"

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us
with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will
reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah. Please also make the
changes I mentioned in my original message.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface following the link below. Do not reply directly, the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such