[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #8172] Submission of Intelligent WT

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #8172] Submission of Intelligent WTF
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 20:56:38 -0400

    Alex> Update of task #8172 (project administration):

    Alex> => alexshulgin

    Alex>     _______________________________________________________

    Alex> Follow-up Comment #1:

    Alex> Hi,

    Alex> First of all, sorry for huge delay in review.

No problem; I am glad to hear from you.

    Alex> Your project is OK, however there's one issue with the files
    Alex> in `lib/' directory.  The files have the following copyright
    Alex> statement:

    Alex> /* Copyright (c) 1994-2008 by Marc Feeley, All Rights
    Alex> Reserved. */

    Alex> which is incompatible with GPL.

Oops.  I should have checked more thoroughly.  Gambit-C lists their
license as LGPL or Apache.  I will look into it with their mailing list.

    Alex> Are these files generated by Gambit-C system?

They are the Gambit-C run-time system.  They are compiled together with
my application code.

    Alex> If so, could you drop them from your project tree and relay
    Alex> their generation to Gambit-C (which you list as dependency)?

I would like (ideally) the application to have no dependencies, so
including the files means all the user needs to compile is a C
compiler.

Marc Feeley suggested I distribute the files this way, so I will take it
up with him.

Thanks for checking thoroughly where I did not!
Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
(303) 880-3109