[Savannah-register-public] [task #7330] Submission of Open Osiris Patien

From: John Darrington
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7330] Submission of Open Osiris Patient Database System
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 06:23:10 +0000

J. Massaut wrote:

> Hi,

> I inserted an updated licence and copyright notice in all .h, .c > and .pgc
files and added a file called COPYING containing the verbatim text of the GPL
v 3 in the repertory containing the sources. I removed all *.O files and all
*.c files generated from *.pgc files. I added a script "./make" that generate
the *.c files > from the *.pgc and compile all the sources (I have to learn
how to create "Makefile".) I inserted an updated licence and copyrith notice
in the "/sql/osiris.backup". This file is used to generate the tables for the
database.

> You can find an updated tar ball of my project at the following URL
http://openosiris.org/download/freeosiris.tar.gz

Thanks for the updated tarball.  I noticed one file which you seem to have
missed: progress.c  Please update this file.

I notice that you are using gtksheet from the gtk-extra project.
You added your own copyright notice and license notice as asked.  But you
don't own the copyright for gtksheet.h
Have you made any modifications to the code in gtksheet.h?  If not, then you
should leave the copyright and license notice unchanged (and then there's no
reason to have the file in your tarball).  Otherwise, if you have modified the
code in this file, then you should leave the original copyright holder's
license notice and copyright statement intact, and place your own notice above
it, with a brief sentence stating that you have modified this file.

It's very important that you don't remove other peoples' copyright notices.
Otherwise you could be accused of breaching copyright law.

Please remove the gtksheet.h file or restore the original copyright holder's
notices.  Please also do this for any other third party files which you may
have used.

Please provide us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project. Upon
review, we will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.