[Savannah-register-public] [task #7087] Submission of Epeios database-re

From: Claude SIMON
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7087] Submission of Epeios database-related Libraries
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:28:29 +0000

Hi, Stephan,

Yes, I still wish this project be hosted by Savannah.

I originally want to wrote a wrapper to an existing database. I I've tried 3
different database engines, but none meets my needs, especially regarding
indexation capabilities. So, I have no other choice as to wrote my own
database engine.

There are no many files dedicated to this database engine, but it is fully
functional (it is used, among others, by the 'Musicanet virtual choral
library' at http://musicanet.org/ ; direct access to the database :
http://www.musicanet.org/musica6.htm ), and, as I plan to add ACID properties,
is intended to grow.

The Epeios core libraries are general-purpose libraries. Database engine
dedicated libraries has nothing to do in it. Contributors to this libraries
should not have the possibility to modify the Epeios core libraries, and vice
versa. I think for this reason, this database engine dedicated libraries
deserve their own project.

Regards,

Claude.

  Message posté via/par Savannah