[Savannah-register-public] [task #6035] Submission of IWF Metadata Harve

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #6035] Submission of IWF Metadata Harvester
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:22:15 +0000

> In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the
> GNU GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
> statements at the beginning of every copyrightable file, usually any
> file more than 10 lines long.

I found a couple of "README" files where I hadn't done this, and
fixed them.  However, after looking through quite a few others,
I didn't find any that needed them.  There are some files that
shouldn't have them:  files generated by the programs and the
`cwebmac.tex' files from the CWEB distribution.  If you found
any other files that should have them, but don't, would you
please tell me which ones?

The generated files contain information from data providers, and
are protected by their own copyrights.  When I get a chance, I
will add code to the various programs to write comments to the
generated files containing the copyright notices for the programs
themselves.

> In addition, please include a copy of the plain text version of the
> GPL, available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt, into a file
> named "COPYING".

I've done this now.

> If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
> us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project. Upon review, we
> will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

I've updated the files.  There at:
ftp.gwdg.de/pub/gnu2/iwfmdh/

> Basically we do not need anything, but you should get yourself
> some written disclaimer, just to be on the safe side, in case
> something goes wrong.

I've printed out the written permission I got from the director of the
institute.  In my request, I specifically mentioned that I wanted to
have the projected hosted at Savannah.

Please let me know if there's anything else I need to do.

Thanks,

Laurence