[Savannah-register-public] [task #5800] Submission of GNU awk

From: Steven Robson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5800] Submission of GNU awk
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:34:57 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => stevenr

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

There are a few problems with our code submission (I used the tarball from
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gawk/gawk-3.1.5.tar.gz as there was no submitted
tarball).

Firstly, some of the files in the missing_d/ directory are released under the
original BSD license, which is incompatible with the GNU GPL. This means that
we are currently unable to accept GAWK at Savannah, unless this is corrected.

However, it may be possible to remove these notices depending on their
copyright holder. For more infomation please see
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html for more information and update your
files if possible, or remove them.

Additionally, several of the files in your project lack appropriate copyright
and license statements.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously under the GNU
GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements at the
beginning of every copyrightable file, usually any file more than 10 lines
long.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

If some of your files cannot carry such notices (e.g. binary files), then you
can add a README file in the same directory containing the copyright and
license notices. Check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for further
information.

Please include a README file for the jpeg and similar files in your project,
stating their copyright holder(s) and license.

Finally, please correct the license statement for ansi2knr.c to include the
correc copying statements and FSF address, etc.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us
with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will
reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface following the link below. Do not reply directly, the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such