[Savannah-register-public] [task #5605] Submission of General Formal Ont

From: Robert Hoehndorf
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5605] Submission of General Formal Ontology
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:32:11 +0000

Hi Patrick,

Sure. Savannah should become the only CVS for GFO, the primary site for
developing and publishing GFO. GFO currently uses the bioinformatics.org CVS
because there was no other public CVS we could use and I have write access to
both CVS. GFO is an ontology which is not biology-specific, and the developers
of GFO will not get write-access to the bioonto bioinformatics.org-CVS.
Currently, all changes to GFO are sent to me and I commit them to the CVS.
The CVS on bioinformatics.org will primarily be used for software which is
related to ontologies (most of the time not GFO) and biology. GFO (and, to
some extent, the core-ontology GFO-Bio which is hosted on bioinformatics.org
as well) are developed independently and we want to use Savannah for this
purpose.

Greetings,
Rob.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5605>