[Savannah-register-public] [task #5614] Submission of A fully-configurab

From: arnau
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5614] Submission of A fully-configurable Radio-Phonepatch fo
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:29:10 +0000

Hello Steven,

I am not well versed in license issues, so I'll try to explain how the
phonepatch interacts with asterisk and you'll decide.

The phonepatch don't link with any asterisk library (it's pure python),
instead it uses an asterisk's mechanism called AGI:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+AGI

Which basically allows Asterisk to interact with external programs using
pipes, stdin and stdout. As I need audio, I use the mode called EAGI
(Extended EAGI), in which asterisk opens the channel descriptor 3 and writes
the received audio to the script (always in RAW format, no matter what codec
is using asterisk in that moment). So, basically what the phonepatch exchange
with asterisk are RAW audio streams (for input and output).

I've uploaded a new tarball with the GFDL notices in the documentation xml:

http://download.ehas.org/src/ax25/asterisk-phonepatch.tgz

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5614>