[Savannah-register-public] [task #5631] Submission of SVORI

From: Bruce Dawson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5631] Submission of SVORI
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 14:41:02 -0400

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=8609>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  SVORI

System Group Name:
-----------------
  svori

Type:
-----
  non-GNU software & documentation

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  Source code is at: http://www.learningnet.org/downloads.d/svori-vfs.tgz

This software provides for administration and tracking of parolees released
in the SVORI program. Implemented entirely in TCL as a starkit (see
www.equi4.com), using database synchronization between server and
disconnected laptops. Database is metakit (also see www.equi4.com). UI is via
a light-weight HTTP server (TCLHTTPD).

The Makefile (not in above source tar file) creates both GNU/Linux and
MS-Windows executables.

This will be licensed under GPL V2. The BSD license file is included because
a lot of TCL software is licensed under it, and the wording was not clear if
I had to include the license file in my distribution or not. But all the
files in the above tar file will be GPL'ed.

Other Software Required:
------------------------
  Standard TCL distribution (www.tcl.tk). Note that only TCL is used; no part
of TK is used.

Metakit (www.equi4.com) is used for the embedded database.

Tclkit and Starkit (www.equi4.com) is used for packaging for use on either a
GNU/Linux or MS-Windows system (it can also be easily expanded to include
MAC-OSX and BSD).

Additionally, DateCalc (a .c program from Steffen Beyer;
http://www.engelschall.com/u/sb/download/ and licensed under GPL 2) was
re-written in TCL.

Other Comments:
---------------
  The SVORI (Serious and Violent Offender Reentry Initiative) program was
created when the current administration gave each state $1+ million to create
programs to administer and monitor these offenders when they are release from
prison (whether on parole or when they "maxed out" on their sentence. The
Learning Networks Foundation was awarded the grant to develop this software
for the Virgin Islands (not really a state, but "close enough"). When I wrote
this, I had them change the contract with the Virgin Islands to allow for
"open source" software to be developed and used. I can provide the relevant
wording used on the contract if necessary.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5631>