[Savannah-register-public] [task #5288] Submission of Uakron ARobot Proj

From: Quatre Horrace
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5288] Submission of Uakron ARobot Project.
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:07:00 -0500

Hello.

We do include external libraries in our project. There are libraries written
for the AVR microprocessor that are available online, along with tools to
compile and upload the resultant hex files to the AVR microprocessor.

Linux users can find the libraries and instructions on how to compile the
libraries here:
http://www.vs.inf.ethz.ch/res/proj/smart-its/tools_linux/

Windows users should download and install the following tools:
AVR Studio: http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=2725
WinAVR: http://sourceforge.net/projects/winavr

In addition to tools for the AVR microprocessor, there are also tools
required to program the BasicStamp processor that we will be using. There are
tools available for Window, Linux, and Mac. The program is called the "Basic
Stamp Editor" and is available here:
http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/software/software_basic_stamp.asp

Attached is the source code that we have written thus far. There will
eventually be a pinout diagram later showing the wiring between the AVR
Microprocessor, the BasicStamp processor, and the outside world. All of the
.c files are for the AVR microprocessor, and the .bs2 files are for the Basic
Stamp.

Attached also are documents describing the AVR Microprocessor that our
project is focused around (ATMEGA16), the BasicStamp processor we are using,
and the robot that this will all go on (ARobot).

 Currently what has been created is a library to interface the AVR and
BasicStamp processors together. With this interface and the existing wiring
the AVR processor can control motor movement, a speaker, 2 leds, and can read
from two buttons and two jumper switches. We am currently working on libraries
to interface the
following to the AVR processor:
 1) Tactile switches on the robot to detect collision
 2) Infrared sensors on the robot
 3) NES remote
 4) LCD screen
 5) RFID Reader

Once these devices are interfaced, tasks 1-2 will have been completed, and
only task 3 will remain.

 If there is anything else you would like to know, let me know.
 Quatre

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5288>