[Savannah-register-public] [task #5176] Submission of Qualification and

From: Raphaël Semeteys
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5176] Submission of Qualification and Selection of Opensourc
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:44:17 +0000

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions.

Point 1:
The current website is available on http://www.qsos.org. I also attach a
tarball containing folowing documents :
- The QSOS Method itself (French, Latex and PDF formats)
- Samples of QSOS Evaluations (French, OOo format)
- Slides presenting QSOS (French, OOo format)

QSOS is not software but a method to evaluate, compare and select Free &
opensource software. Therefore it
consists in no source code but only documents.

Points 2 and 3:
QSOS, as a method, addresses Free AND Opensource software. The name should
have been QSFOS but it seems
difficult to change its name now since the method is already used and known
under that name.

Previous versions were released under the CreativeCommons by-nc-sa licence,
which is not free. We were finally
able to publish the 1.5 release under the GFDL, but we had to do it in two
steps in order to convince our management,
this is why previous releases of QSOS were released under the CC by-nc-sa.
FDL is what we wanted since the early
beginning as it is for us the only way to freely share transparent and
objective knowledge about free and opensource software.
This also is the reason of our submission to Savannah hosting, in order to
label the QSOS methodological project as a free one,
compliant with the free movement ethics (as stated in the "Manifeste QSOS"
invariant section in the method).

Point 4:
Sorry I wasn't exhaustive in QSOS dependencies:
QSOS method depends on:
- For edition : latex, insckape
- For opaque format generation: make, latex2html, hevea, imagen, perl,
pdflatex

QSOS Evaluation documents (ID cards and Evaluation sheets) depend on OOo

I hope this answer to your questions.

Best regards,

Raphaël Semeteys

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5176>