[Savannah-register-public] [task #5171] Submission of Vazaar

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5171] Submission of Vazaar
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:41:17 +0100

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

First, Savannah is meant to help developers organize a team and produce code.
This mean we provide resources to projects so they can actually manage their
project, and we do not host a download area only.

I mention this because I saw you already have (among others) a SoftwareLibre
account. Can you tell me how you plan to use Savannah?

About mozilla-gtkmozembed, the situation is not clear.
/usr/include/mozilla/gtkembedmoz/gtkmozembed.h from Debian package
'mozilla-dev' states that this is MPL only (despite
http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/license-policy.html and the current GPL/LGPL/MPL
triple-licensing scheme).

Probably this code is not relicensed yet. There is also an interested post
from a Galeon developer:
- although there's no reply :/

You definitely need to contact the author, Christopher Blizzard
<address@hidden>, and ask for clarification:
- under what license or licenses, exactly, is gtkmozembed released?
- Is there a plan to move to the Mozilla triple-licensing scheme?
- Is there, generally, a way to legally combine gtkmozembed and GPL'd code?

You can add address@hidden in carbon-copy, so we can
participate in the conversation at your request if needed. You can also point
Christopher to this tracker item so he can see the issue.

--
Sylvain

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5171>