[Savannah-register-public] [task #4973] Submission of PHP Development En

From: Edvaldo Silva de Almeida Júnior
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4973] Submission of PHP Development Environment
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 06:17:24 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
The project account will remain inactive until a site admin approve or
discard the registration.

######### REGISTRATION ADMINISTRATION #########

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific "Group
Administration" page, accessible only to site administrators, effectively
logged as site administrators (superuser):

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=8149>

######### REGISTRATION DETAILS #########

Full Name:
----------
  PHP Development Environment

System Group Name:
-----------------
  phpenv

Type:
-----
  Official GNU software

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

------------
  The PHPEnv project intends to develop a development environment to build
PHP pages and programs.

PHPEnv was born from our conception that PHP could be better used as an
scripting language to perform administrative tasks under a GNU/Linux system,
both in interpreted and copiled modes. So we intend to have a built in
compiler designed to compile PHP code and a interpreter.

Code generated by using PHPEnv will also be run in the traditional way, by
using an Apache server with php_mod, depending on the configuration given to
the code. It follows that the development environment PHPEnv may also be used
to develop web applications using PHP/MySQL.

It also introduces some extensions to PHP language. These extensions are
going make easier the use of Object Oriented Programming in PHP developed
software.

PHPEnv is FREE SOFTWARE and shall be released under GNU/GPL.

We do NOT have code to show, but we are working hard on this. Our team is
composed by 5 (five) programmers and we are still modelling the program. Our
models are developed using XML and our tools are exclusively FREE SOFTWARE.

Other Software Required:
  1) All the libraries needed to run Apache with php_mod;
2) To the GUI, we are using Trolltech's FREE Qt-3.3.3;
3) We shall also have dependencies on the libraries needed to join PHP to
MySQL under Apache;

All other software used shall be developed by us. No other dependencies.

Other Comments:
  We don

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4973>