[Savannah-register-public] [task #4916] Submission of Poster - a simple

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4916] Submission of Poster - a simple content manager
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:23:27 +0000

Hello.

Seems like Resin was released under the Caucho Developer Source License 1.1
http://www.caucho.com/sales/license.xtp.
And Log4j was released under the Apache License Version 2.0.

Because of the first license, I asked address@hidden to clarify if it is
compatible with the GNU GPL...

Because of the second license, I had a look at our license page
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html, which says:
"Apache License, Version 1.1

This is a permissive non-copyleft free software license with a few
requirements that render it incompatible with the GNU GPL.

We urge you not to use the Apache licenses for software you write. However,
there is no reason to avoid running programs that have been released under
this license, such as Apache."

The result is, that you cannot releasen your project under the GNU GPL and
link it with 'incompatible' projects.
And at last, we don't host such software at Savannah.

Maybe you can solve the "Log4j" dependence?
Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4916>