[Savannah-register-public] [task #4883] Submission of ProjectManager

From: Davidlohr Bueso Arnett
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4883] Submission of ProjectManager
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:30:12 -0300

Hi,

If you have trouble adding README files in the directories, you can just
include in the README you have, the license and copyright notices for all the
gorm directories (and all the other directories that contain binary files -
ie: Images). Something like:

"All the files in the follow directories are under the terms of the GNU GPL".
And following that, the list of directories.

All these changes aren't to create problems on the maitanence process of your
project, these changes are to keep your code well licensed and without
troubles so every people can use it without license problems.
On the other hand, include the GNU GPL and GNU FDL in a text file doesn't
mean that you are licensing all the files under these two license, in fact,
these files are to keep the user up to date about the license. So to license
your project you have to put the copyright holder and license notice in every
file and if this isn't possible you must create a README as I suggest you
before.

If you want to learn more about the GNU GPL consider to read these URLs:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html#Copyright-Notices

http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html#License-Notices

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us
with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will
reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface following the link below. Do not reply directly, the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such