[Savannah-register-public] [task #4867] Submission of Live Cricket Score

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4867] Submission of Live Cricket Score for Mobile Devices
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 21:49:29 +0000

Hello and thanks for the links.

I had a look at our license pages
<http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#SunCommunitySourceLicense>,
which say:

"Sun Community Source License

    This is not a free software license; it lacks essential freedoms such as
publication of modified versions. Please don't use this license, and we urge
you to avoid any software that has been released under it."

So it is totally incompatible with our GNU GPL. You cannot link a GPL program
against a non-free (proprietary) program.

But you should be able to switch from GPL to LGPL to solve this issue. Read
therefor the GNU LGPL <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html> and "Why you
shouldn't use the Library (^WLesser) GPL for your next library"
<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-not-lgpl.html>.

Hope that helps.
Regards and nice weekend :)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4867>