[Savannah-register-public] [task #4575] Submission of Hurd's AlteRnative

From: Sergio López
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4575] Submission of Hurd's AlteRnative Developtment
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 03:38:02 +0200

Hello,

About the copyright issue, I've asked to a friend from the FSF, and he told
me that I must properly update copyright announce on every changed file, but
has no sense to put that in a diff file. So I'll do that when I do the CVS
import.

"At second, in reply to your old statement:
"It's simply a fork from the official Hurd's Development, which is mostly
stuck."

Please don't call it a "fork" and don't tell people the HURD developing were
dead. :/"

Yes, you're right, my fault. That's because I've ommited that this time.

"At third, the Copyright Free Software Foundation is only valid if you sign
copyright assignment papers. But you told us that you signed those papers,
right?"

I've also asked about this. The copyright assignment is only valid when the
work is directly commited to the GNU package, so I must put my own copyright
on HARDs changes (GPL, of course ;-) and properly change it when/if the code
is going to be commited into the official project. And yes, I've signed the
papers and already sended them (I don't know when they'll arrive to Boston
:-).

Thanks again for your time and dedication,
Regards,

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4575>