[Savannah-register-public] [task #3903] Submission of jRisk

From: Alessio Treglia
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3903] Submission of jRisk
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:42:51 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7435>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  jrisk

Full Name:
----------
  jRisk

Type:
-----
  GNU

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------

------------
  A Java(1.5) console game, inspired by the famous strategy game Risk.
Supports from 2 to 6 players and each player has a different colored army.
The game is divided in turns, and every turn is divided in three moments: at
the first, the current player gets reinforcements based on the number of
territories and continents he controls and the cards combinations he has got.
He must place ALL of his reinforcements in the territories he controls. Then
he can choose to attack an adiacent opponent's territory. He can make
attaccks until he wants. Finally, ha can move units from one territory to
another adiacent territory. He can move any unit from start territory, as
long as he leaves one unit behind. Now the current player's turn ends, and he
gets a card if he makes a successful attack during his turn. The application
manage every event as an object. For every technical detail read the docs at
http://utenti.lycos.it/quadrispro/jrisk-1.0.1-docs.jar, then the source code
at http://utenti.lycos.it/quadrispro/jrisk-1.0.1-src.jar.
For general info visit http://utenti.lycos.it/quadrispro/index.htm

Other Software Required:
------------------------
   fiji -> http://cabibbo.dia.uniroma3.it/fiji/

Other Comments:
  I tested jrisk with GCJ 3.3.3 and GNU Classpath, it's full compatible.
I have included the GPL in the project main directory, then I placed
copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements at the beginning of every
file of source code,too.

Fiji is a free downloadable and redistributable libray, I found it on my
university professor Luca Cabibbo's personal home page. However, in order to
make jrisk independent by fiji, in the next version of the game I will
develop my versions of fiji classes I currently use.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3903>