[Savannah-register-public] [task #3877] Submission of Horse Event Script

From: Christer Andersson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3877] Submission of Horse Event Script Suite
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:23:30 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.nongnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7414>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  horseevent

Full Name:
----------
  Horse Event Script Suite

Type:
-----
  non-GNU

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------

------------
  This is an attempt to make a script suite for a Horse Event. The primary
target is endurance riding. The script language is PHP and an sql database is
used, tested and written for mySql.

The first script, for which a first draft is available at
http://www.a-son.net/anmalan.txt is an application form for the event. The
data will be entered into the database for later processing of other scripts,
yet to be written, to generate all needed lists and forms for the event.

This script suite is a very simple use of PHP/mySql but will make arranging a
horse endurance event a lot easier. Currently all work is manual, sending
application forms by snail mail, or possibly using a html form. In any case,
lists are usually generated manually which is both tedious and error prone.

The application form is in Swedish, since I am in Sweden and the horse events
I am likely to participate in arranging is likely to be in Sweden, but would
be easy to translate. I would imagine that the procedures for arranging horse
events would be rather similar in different contries. Also as previously
indicated, the primary goal is to supply a helpful script suite for horse
endurance riding but I would imagine that without too much modification it
would be possible to use for e.g. show jumping. The form is modelled after a
Swedish standard application form, used for all kinds of horse events.

Other Software Required:
  PHP and mySQL.

Other Comments:

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3877>