[Savannah-register-public] [gnu.org #224911] Savannah GPL'd submissions

From: Dave Turner via RT
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [gnu.org #224911] Savannah GPL'd submissions using SWT and Xalan
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:23:33 -0500

> address@hidden - Sat Mar 05 14:16:38 2005]:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am reviewing a project submission at Savannah.
> https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=3823
>
> This Java project is released under the GNU GPL, but uses the SWT
>    library (which is licensed under the Eclipse Public License AFAICS)
>    and also uses the Xalan library (which is released under the Apache
>    2 license).
>
> I think all those licenses are mutually exclusive.

I can't comment on the compatibility of EPL and ASL2, but both of them
are incompatible with the GPL.

> What would you recommand to do in this case?

Either use GPL-compatible libraries which accomplish the same thing, or
add exceptions to the GPL and get exceptions from the copyright holders
of SWT and Xalan.

> I added the project submitter in carbon copy if you need any
>    precision.

CCs retained.

--
-Dave "Novalis" Turner