[Savannah-register-public] [task #3738] Submission of Open Incident Comm

From: Jonathan David Dunfee
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3738] Submission of Open Incident Command System Architectur
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:45:27 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7313>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  openicsa

Full Name:
----------
  Open Incident Command System Architectur

Type:
-----
  non-GNU

License:
--------
  Modified BSD License

Other License:
--------------

------------
  The OpenICSA – Open Incident Command System Architecture – is an
architecture to provide the glue needed to integrate new technologies into
the Incident Command System.

Currently there are many new technologies coming online to support first
responders (fire fighters, rescue crews, police), but there is no
infrastructure to tie the different technologies together. My goal is to
develop an open architecture that provides a common touchpoint for research
and development in the systems. The software will provide a reference system
that anyone can download to either integrate into their own software or use
as a calibration point for their own developments.

 I do not have any software yet; I am still working on architectural issues.
My hope in registering the project is provide a work space to help with the
exchange of ideas and test code. Once the fundamental architectural ideas are
more fully developed we will start releasing modules. The modules in the first
phase will form the core of the base of the communications aspect of the
architecture. The project will use NetBSD and Linux for development, but
ensure the modules can compile and function under as many other OS's as
possible (Windows, Solaris, etc). The initial release goal for the software
aspect of the project will be a communications subsystem thats runs on
everything that NetBSD and Linux can run on – from PalmPilots to workstations
– with the level of functionality determined by the sophistication of the
device.

Other Software Required:
------------------------
  The expat library is currently the only dependency.

Other Comments:
  Part of this is going to be used for a Master Thesis in Computer Science at
SMU. The research group I'm working with at SMU is the HACNet
(http://hacnet.smu.edu/). I am also a Raytheon employee. I have obtained a
release from the legal counsel at Raytheon for this project (I couldn't get
any there interested in it). I can provide a copy of the release if
necessary.

This item URL is:

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3738>