savannah-hackers

[sr #110553] Allow fetch of specific commit hash from git://git.sv.gnu.o

From: INVALID.NOREPLY
Subject: [sr #110553] Allow fetch of specific commit hash from git://git.sv.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2021 15:25:13 -0400 (EDT)

[comment #5 comment #5:]
> AFAIK https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git lists all Git repositories on
Savannah.  This feature is managed separately for each repository.  I didn't
turn it all for all Savannah repositories because I wasn't sure that would be
the right thing to do.

Ok, I don't really need it on any particular repo on
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git right now, so its fine. I was thinking it
might be useful for GRUB, for which I'm working on some automated testing
scripts. But now I'm thinking it won't be needed.

As I understand it, the trade off for the git server in enabling this is some
extra computation for less bandwidth usage. Since no one is complaining about
it, I doubt the load would increase much with this option turned on for all
repos because it wouldn't be used much.

I'll be back if it turns out that this feature would be useful for me on a
particular repo.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110553>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/