savannah-hackers

[sr #110222] Renaming project

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110222] Renaming project
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 01:39:56 -0400 (EDT)

The problem of renaming projects is discussed somewhat in this wiki reference
page.

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/RenamingProjectGroup/

As you can see by reading that documentation the problem is not a simple one.
The reason no one replied is probably that no one had time to dig into the
task in the detail that it needs in order to accomplish it.  And I am replying
here so that it does not linger longer without a reply.  But at this moment I
don't have the time to figure out how to rename a project either.  Plus as the
reference says this does not rename the mailing lists nor the web pages.
Those also must be handled manually by non-Savannah Hackers.

Frankly it might be easier to start a new project as a clone of this one.
That might be easiest.  I'll wait and see if anyone else pops in and
contributes a better suggestion.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110222>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/