savannah-hackers-public

Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] request: preserve https url scheme

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] request: preserve https url scheme
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 10:11:46 +0000

Hello, Jack;

On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 02:45:26PM -0400, Jack Hill wrote:

> When browsing Savannah over https, I noticed that some of the links to the
> repositories, don't force an http url scheme. It would be great if https was
> maintained in those links.
> The same is true on the Guix page.

Thank you, done.

For the record: the group_types table currently sets the right
default URL, but old groups were initialized with HTTP URLs.

I run a command like

echo "select group_id,url_git_viewcvs from groups where url_git_viewcvs
      like 'http://git.savannah.%'" \
  | mysql --skip-column-names|sed 's,[[:space:]], ,' \
  | while read l; do \
      id=${l% *};url=${l#* };url=${url#http:}; \
      echo "update groups set url_git_viewcvs='$url' where group_id='$id';" \
       | mysql; done

URLs for other repositories (Hg, CVS) may still need updating.