[Savannah-dev] [bugs #6819] use attach_file() when no attachement was as

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bugs #6819] use attach_file() when no attachement was asked at bug submission
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 10:50:56 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: Savannah.

[bugs #6819] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
'Date:
                lun 01.12.2003 à 16:50 (Europe/Paris)

I notice that this problem happen if you click on "browse" to upload a file
even if you discard the request, with mozilla firebird on GNU/Linux. I do not
know if it is the normal behavior or a browser issue.

I'm looking into the problem accordingly to the information you added.

[bugs #6819] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah
Submitted by: Brad Bulger
On: jeu 27.11.2003 à 15:28

Category:  Web Frontend
Severity:  3 - Ordinary
Fixed Release:
Affected release:  DEV_2003-09-05_CERN

Original Submission:  I just submitted a bug on another project (phpGroupware)
and

got this lovely verbiage on the next screen:

Warning: fopen("", "r") - Success in
/usr/local/savannah/src/savannah/frontend/php/include/trackers/general.php on
line 1017

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at
/usr/local/savannah/src/savannah/frontend/php/include/trackers/general.php:1017)
 in /usr/local/savannah/src/savannah/frontend/php/include/Layout.class on line
142

File not attached: unable to open it (fopen failure) [#1]; Item update sent
[#2];

I did NOT attach a file to the bug, nor did I try to.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: jeu 27.11.2003 à 17:54        By: tatere
mozilla 1.5 on OS X 10.2 - if it works for you, then that's probably at the
root of it. i'm actually kind of glad to hear that - it was disturbing to think
that this could be common and still go unreported! :)

yah, that's why i thought it looked like debugging output - like someone was
having trouble making file uploads work, and left some 'print' statements in
the code by accident. the error that follows is just complaining because
something has been printed - if the 'print' is taken out, the other error will
go too.

probably the code is assuming that if the uploaded files array

exists at all ($_FILES i think, off top of my head), then that must mean a file
was uploaded. which isn't the case, not in recent PHP anyways - though it used
to be true in pre-superglobal days. you have to specifically check that the
file name is not empty.

Date: jeu 27.11.2003 à 16:08        By: yeupou
I fail to reproduce it. It really looks like it tried to upload a file, and
found nothing.

However, it does not broke the item submission, it just print ugly PHP error
(really stupid message BTW, "Warning ->  Success" for a failure)

Can you tell which browser do you use?

CC List
-------

CC Address                          | Comment
yeupou                              |

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=6819>

  Message sent via/by Savannah