[Savannah-dev] [bug #5759] CVS instructions incomplete for certain proje

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [bug #5759] CVS instructions incomplete for certain projects
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:06:54 -0400

=================== BUG #5759: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5759&group_id=11

Changes by: Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden>
Date: Tue 10/07/2003 at 21:06 (US/Eastern)

I don't understand what you meant Mathieu.

'gnueval' already has a source code CVS, it is working fine.  The problem was
detected when a new member joined the team and needed to follow instructions on
how to pull the "source code" from CVS.

...mmmmm....let me check....

I think I now understand what you meant.  I can see in the main page for
'gnueval' that it says:

"This project is related to www.gnu.org webmastering. Developers are gnu
webmasters. It's part of the GNU Project."

I don't know how or when this wording appeared (maybe when somebody was trying
to help getting the gnueval page up again?)

Anyway, could you please change it so 'gnueval' has both CVS trees (web pages
and source code).

One potential problem I see is that the web pages should go to:

http://www.gnu.org/evaluation

Thanks in advance,

=================== BUG #5759: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: hgayosso                Project: Savannah
Submitted on: Mon 10/06/2003 at 23:13
Category:  Web Interface              Severity:  5 - Average
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Closed
Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  Hello!

The project 'gnueval', shows instructions ONLY to access the web pages CVS
repository, but not for the "source" CVS repository.

Look:

https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnueval

While the CVS page for 'savannah' shows both:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=savannah

Also, project 'cfengine' shows both:

https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=cfengine

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Tue 10/07/2003 at 03:48       By: yeupou
In fact, it's not a bug but a feature.

gnueval is member of the www.gnu.org group, and projects in this group does not
get any source code CVS.

If gnueval needs a source code CVS, it should go in the usual GNU group, not
www.gnu.org.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: