[Savannah-dev] savanna cvs branch?

From: Marco Mambelli
Subject: [Savannah-dev] savanna cvs branch?
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 18:18:17 -0500

I'm working in debugging Savannah and adapting it for the specific needs of ivdgl laboratory. I'm only partially on it, so I donn't know how much I'll be able to contribute. Untill now I worked manually in a working directory, keeping it in sync with your CVS and maintaining my modifications.
Now I need to put it in cvs to manage it easily.

The 2 options that I think to have (if possible) are:

1.developing on a branch of your savannah project
- I would need your help at least to tag the beginning of the branch (brench tag) or I should be able to tag the cvs repository (better, so I could tag the runk -your repository- each time I update my branch with it)
+ The branch would keep track of your versioning

2.keep a separate repository where to import your releases (or snapshots of your cvs) +it would be more independent and not need actions from you or permissions to me
-my version would loose your versioning information I think

My needs are to use cvs and to maintain some modifications that you may not be interested in. Please let me know if there are other alternatives and which one would you suggest.
Thank you,
Marco