[Savannah-dev] [Bug #1399] Problems with login cookies: don't work with

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #1399] Problems with login cookies: don't work with http, only https
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:13:11 -0400

=================== BUG #1399: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1399&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Oct-11 19:13 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Works for me

=================== BUG #1399: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: psmith                    Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Oct-11 18:42
Category:  PHP Engine                   Severity:  5 - Average

Original Submission:  After I log in to Savannah, I have a cookie (I assume)
that remembers my login.  This is fine with one problem: it only seems to be
available if I use the https (SSL) connection.  If I type in a URL like
http://savannah.gnu.org then my login is lost.  It would be nice if the cookie
could be available even for non-SSL connections, since most of my bookmarks,
etc. use simple http://...

If that can't be done, please modify the URLs that the trackers send out to use
https://... instead of http://... so that when I get a new bug announcement I
can click on the link and when it comes up in my browser it's using my existing
login, rather than my having to edit the URL in the browser box to add the "s"
to make it https://...  Note that it's fine to connect with https://...
addresses even if you're not logged in; it works the same.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2002-Oct-11 19:13             By: yeupou
Cookies are set for the domain name, whatever the connection is secured or not.
This is strange.

Can you give details about the browser you are using?

Also, note that when you are on a page with https, all the links should begin
with https. If not, it's a bug. If you find a bug like this, please give us
pointers to the concerned pages.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: