[Savannah-dev] [Bug #1288] spamassassin configuration on Japanese

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #1288] spamassassin configuration on Japanese
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 05:38:30 -0400

=================== BUG #1288: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1288&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Sep-28 11:38 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
            Severity | 5 - Average               | 9 - Blocker
            Priority | None                      | Immediate

I followup your problem to system-hackers that handle the mailman installation.

=================== BUG #1288: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: okuji                     Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Sep-28 06:35
Category:  Mail                         Severity:  9 - Blocker

Original Submission:  The mail server seems to start using SpamAssassin, and my
mail was blocked because of it.

In some mailing lists (i.e. gnu-devels-jp and pupa-staff),
we speak Japanese, as we know all of us understand it and
even prefer it to English. So SpamAssassin shouldn't say
that any mail is likely to be a SPAM, just because it is
written in Japanese.

However, SpamAssassin tagged my (non-SPAM) mail with this:

  *  2.4 -- BODY: Contains at least 3 dollar signs in a row
  *  3.0 -- BODY: message body is 50-75% uppercase

Clearly, this is bogus, because I didn't write any dollar
sign, and such a concept as "uppercase" doesn't exist in
Japanese.

Because I have been using SpamAssassin locally with no
problem, I think it's just a problem of the configuration.
In my configuration file, this line is included:

ok_locales ja

Since we always use Japanese, I expect all mails will be
blocked, as long as the current configuration is used.

Okuji

Follow-up Comments

Date: 2002-Sep-28 11:38             By: yeupou
I followup your problem to system-hackers that handle the mailman installation.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1288&group_id=11