[Savannah-dev] [Bug #1260] New "nongnu.org" site breaks sessions and pre

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #1260] New "nongnu.org" site breaks sessions and prefs
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:52:50 -0400

=================== BUG #1260: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1260&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Sep-23 14:52 (Europe/Paris)

"Was such a mess worth the trouble ?"

Yes.  Having gnu.org in the url of non-GNU projects is highly misleading.

"What about sharing at least prefs & such things ?"

Prefs that depends  on the database are already share. Prefs that depends on
cookies not.

=================== BUG #1260: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: ydirson                   Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Sep-23 10:25
Category:  None                         Severity:  5 - Average

Original Submission:  I just discovered that non-gnu projects appear to have
been migrated to savannah.nongnu.org - maybe some announcement should be done
so that people would know something changed.

As a consequence of this change, when I login as usual in s.gnu.org, then
follow an admin link to one of my projects, I reach an annoying "Insufficient
Group Access".  If I login there, I do not get my prefs.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2002-Sep-23 14:40             By: ydirson

Date: 2002-Sep-23 14:35             By: yeupou
« just discovered that non-gnu projects appear to have been migrated to
savannah.nongnu.org - maybe some announcement should be done so that people
would know something changed »

We wait for the mailing-list to works with the correct domain names.

The problem is that savannah.gnu.org and savannah.nongnu.org are two virtuals
hosts, understood as too differents servers. Session are stored via cookie for
a particular server. So you need to be logged in the two separate servers.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1260&group_id=11