[Savannah-dev] [Bug #865] orphan cvs locks everyday

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #865] orphan cvs locks everyday
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 04:02:32 -0400

=================== BUG #865: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=865&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Sep-19 10:02 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Wont Fix
              Status | Open                      | Closed

I do not know why, but this problem does no longer occurs frequently.

=================== BUG #865: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: yeupou                    Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Jul-17 17:14
Category:  CVS                          Severity:  7 - Major

Original Submission:  Since about 2 weeks, we've got orphan CVS lock very
frequently (about 1 or 2 per day, for the moment).

Since it requires root privileges to remove thoses locks, we're the only ones
able to do so.

It blocks project development and it waste savannah admin time. :(

We can suppose that this problem will not going decreasing while the hosted
project number is increasing.

We must do something about it.

The easiest way is to, by a cronjob, remove the locks that seems to be orphans.

But it would be more clever to seek out the cause of this recurent trouble.
Some people say that we should move from LSH to OpenSSH. Why not? Does it
really change something for users? If it changes something for users, is that
acceptable?

Follow-up Comments

Date: 2002-Sep-19 10:02             By: yeupou
I do not know why, but this problem does no longer occurs frequently.

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=865&group_id=11