[Savannah-dev] [Bug #1096] 5GB Linux disk copied to 40GB disk - GRUB han

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #1096] 5GB Linux disk copied to 40GB disk - GRUB hangs
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:22:57 -0400

=================== BUG #1096: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1096&group_id=11

Submitted by: elkinge                   Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Aug-28 19:22
Category:  Bug Tracker                  Severity:  5 - Average

Original Submission:  I have four working versions of RedHat Linux 7.2 that use
GRUB.  I needed additional disk size for an application.  I performed a copy
from a 5GB disk to the 40GB disk using Symantec's Ghost tools.  Now the system
will not boot.  It hangs on GRUB.  This problem sounds like one that I've had
with LILO.  Any ideas?
Does GRUB utilize a configuration file to specify the hardware parameters?

No Followups Have Been Posted

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1096&group_id=11