Re: [Savannah-dev] "do $conffile or die" problems?

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] "do $conffile or die" problems?
Date: 15 Aug 2002 12:28:47 +0200

Marcus Hardt <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> Hi!
>
> As I'm not fluent in perl I don't quite understand why the
> configuration-reading routine in some of these sv_* scripts fail. This is
> what line 31 in sv_aliases looks like:
>
> do $conffile or die "Unable to read $conffile, please edit this script and
> set \$conffile to the correct value.";
>
> This does work well, when I change it to:
>
> do $conffile;
>
> Which looks insufficient for me.

Hum, if you remove the "or die" part, It means that if the script
fails to read configuration file, it will continue to run the scripts.

This is not acceptable since scripts requires many informations
located in the conffile.

If you have problems with this, check the my $conffile value.

In the future, the make update-conf will update $conffile in each sv_*
script to the correct value.

I'm currently workings on the scripts, I will commit modifications
very very soon.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy