[Savannah-dev] [Bug #501] charset for account passwords in account creat

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #501] charset for account passwords in account creation & verification
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 06:27:36 -0400

=================== Bug #501: Latest Modifications ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=501&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-May-29 12:27 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Wont Fix
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Non-ASCII caracters shouldnt be used in any way about username, password and
any other informations that could be used everywhere (with any keyboard).

=================== Bug #501: Full Bug Snapshot ===================

Submitted by: blota                     Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-May-29 12:11
Category:  Other                        Severity:  5 - Average

Original Submission:    Hello,

When I (recently) created my account, I tried to used characters such as "éèç"
for my password through the Web interface, through a stock Netscape 4.62 for
Windows English edition.

It seemed to work, but I could not log in.

I tried to change my password twice, and it seemed to work perfectly, but yet,
I could not log in.

I decided to use ASCII-only caracters for my password and it worked as expected.

I believe but can't be sure, this could be simply reproduced by creating some
account with the Web interface and use the "é" char in the initial password.

I'm unsure if this is a bug or not.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up Comments

Date: 2002-May-29 12:27             By: yeupou
Non-ASCII caracters shouldnt be used in any way about username, password and
any other informations that could be used everywhere (with any keyboard).

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=501&group_id=11