[Savannah-dev] Problem with setting up savannah

From: Roy, Peter (TAG.GTS)
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Problem with setting up savannah
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:03:19 -0400

Hi *,

I apologize if this is not the right forum for this question. Request someone
to please point me to the right support forum if this list is inappropriate..

I'm trying to set up Savannah on my Linux (RH 7.2 / Intel) server. I run Apache
1.3.24 + PHP 4.2.0 + MySQL 3.23.

PHP works fine. But I couldn't reference the POST variables directly in the PHP
scripts. So stuff like $form_loginname from account/lostpwd-confirm.php didn't
get any values. I then set
"register_globals = On" in my php.ini. Now, the POST variables come through (I
wrote a small HTML form to send a POST variable to a php page and display the
POSTed variabled). When I do this Savannah
stops working. I can't even get the index.php to display and I get the
following entry in my apache access_log :

        172.25.65.144 - - [13/May/2002:14:55:17 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 5

(so it means that its hitting the server at least).

1) What should I do to fix the problem?
2) Why does index.php not display with register_globals set to On?

Regards,

Peter