Re: [Savannah-dev] Re: Fwd: [Bug #118] mailman www interface address@hid

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] Re: Fwd: [Bug #118] mailman www interface address@hidden
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 08:24:31 +0200

Guillaume Morin wrote:
Dans un message du 30 Apr à 15:01, Mathieu Roy écrivait :

To me, it's acceptable since it's probably just a line of code changed until a mailman installation update (I've understand that the recent mailman permit this kind of configuration).

This is no big deal but it disturbs some users.

A quick fix is never a problem for the one which makes it, but it is for
the ones who will have to maintain the installation. I am strongly
against such changes to solve a very minor issue.

I fully agree with Guillaume. The more standard package you use the better. It's really a pain to retrofit your changes each time a new version is published. And mostly what is a pain is to remember that you have to apply a fix.

LJ