savannah-announce

[Savannah-announce] Recover your repositories

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-announce] Recover your repositories
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:16:55 +0200

The system is now completely functional.
It's time to decide what to do with your data.
(see first explanations at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-users/2009-05/msg00023.html)

Please discuss and send questions at address@hidden !

For import requests: see below, you need to send a support request via
the web interface.

Basically your choices are:
a) you can use the backup from April 29
b) you can use our latest (incomplete) backup from May 29
c) you can import another backup you have
d) you can wait a few days until we possibly recover latest data from the
crashes disk (nothing is sure though). More details about this later.

Here's how do it for the various VCSs:

* CVS:
a) The version from 29 April in the 'backup-20090429' subdirectory.
b) The version from 29 May in the 'backup-20090529-incomplete' subdirectory.
c) Upload your backup in your download area (SFTP) for us to import

Access commands:
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/backup-20090429/your_project co
your_module
cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/backup-20090529-incomplete/your_project
co your_module
rsync rsync://cvs.sv.gnu.org/sources/backup-20090429/your_project/
rsync rsync://cvs.sv.gnu.org/sources/backup-20090529-incomplete/your_project/

IN ALL CASES: post a support request, authenticated (i.e. login first) at
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=additem&group=administration with
category "RECOVERY: CVS/SVN". Requests send by mail or in the wrong category
won't be processed.

If after 2 weeks we didn't receive an answer for your project, we'll reinstall
the latest backup we have.

* SVN:
a) The version from 29 April in the 'backup-20090429' subdirectory.
b) The version from 29 May in the 'backup-20090529-incomplete' subdirectory.
c) Upload your backup in your download area (SFTP)

Access commands:
svn co svn://svn.sv.gnu.org/backup-20090429/your_project
svn co svn://svn.sv.gnu.org/backup-20090529-incomplete/your_project
rsync rsync://svn.sv.gnu.org/svn/backup-20090429/your_project/
rsync rsync://svn.sv.gnu.org/svn/backup-20090529-incomplete/your_project/
(if you get an error from this last one, it's probably corrupted)

IN ALL CASES: post a support request, authenticated (i.e. login first) at
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=additem&group=administration with
category "RECOVERY: CVS/SVN". Requests send by mail or in the wrong category
won't be processed.

If after 2 weeks we didn't receive an answer for your project, we'll reinstall
the latest backup we have.

* Git:
a) We installed the version from 29 April.
b) You can attempt to recover from the partial 29 May backup:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/backup-20090529-incomplete/
c) You can push a local version if you have one (git push --all; git push
--tags)

You can import the repository directly, without our help.

* Mercurial:
a) We installed the version from 29 April.
b) We don't have a more recent backup
c) You can push a local version if you have one.

You can import the repository directly, without our help.

* WebCVS:

We plan to either recover the data from disk, or failing that, manually commit
the latest version at www.gnu.org and www.nongnu.org.