samizdat-devel

Re: translations ?

From: Dmitry Borodaenko
Subject: Re: translations ?
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 20:26:04 +0000

On 11/24/06, boud <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006, Dmitry Borodaenko wrote:
> The right way to work with Samizdat translations would be to run:
>
> rgettext cgi-bin/*.rb lib/samizdat/*.rb lib/samizdat/engine/*.rb \
>  -o po/samizdat.pot
>
> and then, if you want to update existing translaton:

Doing this plus:

  grep msgid samizdat.pot |wc

gave me 149 entries.

You missed this passage in doc/translations.txt:

Early versions of rgettext
(including the one in Debian/sarge) failed to parse some Ruby
constructs, causing messages to be missed out during template
generation.

The version from unstable gives me 211 entries. The entries you are
missing are not deprecated, rgettext from sarge just fails to detect
them.

* fr: i didn't find any missing translations

* pl: i found about have a dozen (7) missing translations, i'll do these
shortly.

Please check again with tools from unstable. Use apt-get source -b to
rebuild it as it depends on newer libc6 and libruby1.8 versions.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko