samizdat-devel

New snapshot: candidate for 0.6.0

From: Dmitry Borodaenko
Subject: New snapshot: candidate for 0.6.0
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 02:08:07 +0100

Hello all,

I've uploaded new CVS snapshot for 2006-10-24 to Debian/experimental.
It includes a fix for Tidy/Ruby memory leak (running
regenerate_all_html used to eat hundreds of megs of RAM, now it
remains below 30), Boud's fixes for GetText and sites.yaml, and a fix
for image src links on the frontpage (could be the issue that Boud
reported and I couldn't reproduce earlier).

With these fixes, this snapshot has everything that I want to have in
release 0.6.0. Things remaining to be done:
- check if new deployment code works from behind reverse mod_proxy
- fix focuses regression test
- update translations (Esperanto, Polish, and Ukrainian are incomplete)

All of these are not critical and can be done in point releases later,
speak up if you think otherwise. I deliberately left out feature fixes
such as RSS import and diff improvements: there's enough new features
in 0.6.0 in comparison to 0.5.4 (last stable release), so I'm only
interested in bugfixes.

Plan for 0.6.1 remains mostly the same:

- security: notify moderator button
- security: captcha
- security: spam filter
- bug: supplement published date with modified date
- feature: basic RSS import
- feature: diff improvements
- ui: inform guest users that they can't edit even open-for-all messages
- ui: show file size in non-inline messages

--
Dmitry Borodaenko