samizdat-devel

Status of project?

From: David Christie
Subject: Status of project?
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:09:30 -0400

Hi,

I'm a new subscriber to this list. I noticed this interesting project because I have owned the domain name samizdat.org for many years, and coincidentally, my own work (unpublished as yet) also has something to do with RDF. It's a small world to be sure -- great minds must think alike. What are the odds against two RDF-based software projects named samizdat?

I note there doesn't seem to be a list archive yet for 2006 -- has there been any list activity in 2006? And is your project still active, or kind of dormant?

I had intended to use the name "samizdat" in connection with an open source release eventually, but I don't want to create confusion between two unrelated projects. On the other hand, it seems to me they are distantly related by their subject matter.

-David Christie