samizdat-devel

Re: ruby as slow scripting language vs java?

From: Dmitry Borodaenko
Subject: Re: ruby as slow scripting language vs java?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:30:39 +0300

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 10:11:30PM +0200, boud wrote:
> Definitely,
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/samizdat/samizdat/doc/design-goals.txt?rev=1.99
> i extremely enticing.

It should be: before starting Samizdat, I spent a lot of time gathering
all kinds of possible requirements and wishlists for an IMC engine.
Basically, design-goals.txt includes everything that people wanted from
an ideal codebase back in 2002, plus some of my own ideas on top.

> Ah: i still have a question (which will probably be answered anyway if
> i succeed in installing): can people publish without having to become
> members? i.e. as some sort of guest? The whole idea is that the "entry
> barrier" to users (not just developers :P) should be low.

Find following section in config.yaml:

# Access Control
access:
  moderators: [ angdraug ]   # list of logins with moderator priviledges
  post: { moderator: yes, member: yes, guest: yes }
  vote: { moderator: yes, member: no }

As you can see, guest posting is configurable and on by default
(access:post:guest == yes).

--
Dmitry Borodaenko