ruqueue-user

Re: [Ruqueue-user] Several Questions

From: John Fulton
Subject: Re: [Ruqueue-user] Several Questions
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:38:27 -0500

On 11/14/06, Bob Ryan <address@hidden> wrote:

How do I keep a group of users from seeing specific queues? As of now, any
user can examine any ticket in any queue, though they can only modify
tickets in queues where they have the necessary rights. I want to restrict a
specific group so that it can only see tickets assigned to a specific queue.
Given that there is a specific SeeQueue right, I'd expect that users would
not be able to see any queue by default, but that doesn't seem to be the
case.

There is a distinction between "seeing a queue" and "seeing a ticket
in a queue".

As for the latter:  any user can see any ticket in a queue.  Security
could be increased and new priv added, e.g. SeeTicketInQueue, but it
sounds like you're looking for a feature that isn't supported.

As for the former:  the SeeQueue priv is assigned to limit the queues
a user sees when he goes to the front page or uses the pull down menu
to create a ticket.  E.g. If a user in a certain group creates a
ticket in only 5 queues out of 100 90% of the time, then the SeeQueue
priv is assigned so that he only sees those 5 queues in the pull down
menu.  However if he wants to see all of the queues, then he simply
clicks "show all queues".

Issues with the SeeQueue priv not working as expected are usually the
result of how the privilege was assigned.  If the priv is assigned
globally to any user, then that user will always see all the queues
when he goes to the front page or uses the pull down menu to create a
ticket.  I recommend disabling the SeeQueue priv on the global level
and putting your users into groups that only have the SeeQueue priv
for the queues that they want to see by default.

I can't get Watchers to work. I set up Watchers for a specific queue and
then edit Scripts so that all watchers are notified (NotifyAllWatchers) when
anything happens in the script (OnTransaction). I've also tried other
condition and action combinations. No e-mail is ever generated, though the
Greetings e-mails work fine.

Search for the string "@mail" in
functions/functions-situation-handlers.php.  This is the line of code
that sends the mail to the watcher.  If you remove the '@' it will
display warnings if there was an issue sending the mail.  Also this
call sets a boolean var $sent which is used later in an "if ($sent)"
statement.  Trying printing a message there and see if you can see it.
You can post the results of trying this to the list and I'll see what
I can come up with.  You can see the code here:

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/ruqueue/ruqueue/web-interface/functions/functions-situation-handlers.php?rev=1.9&root=ruqueue&view=markup

 John