ruqueue-user

Re: [Ruqueue-user] Question about email responses..

From: John Fulton
Subject: Re: [Ruqueue-user] Question about email responses..
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:38:26 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, B H wrote:

> How can the user reply by email?

There are two ways it is usually done:

1.  If you are sending mail to the user from *your email account*:

You send mail to the user and CC the address that your mail server
is accepting for ruQueue comments with a subject like "Ticket: 2".
Ticket 2 will then have your mail as a comment.  Your email should
include text asking the user to "reply-to-all and not modify the
subject" so that their reply can be logged.  If the user replies
you should see another comment for ticket 2.

2.  If you want *the email ruQueue sends* to be setup so that the
user can easily reply for comment logging:

Configure ruQueue to send the mail with the from field set
appropriately.  To do this replace "address@hidden"
with whatever your mail server is accepting for ruQueue comments
in:

 web-interface/functions/functions-situation-handlers.php

In the next version of ruQueue you'll be able to set this address
via the web interface.  You'll want to include the text that
"asks the user to reply-to-all and not modify the subject" by
modifying your queue greetings (see Chapter 4, section 4.2).

> I noticed the documentation says if the Subject starts with
> Ticket:  then it gets picked up.
> Does the mailcomments.pl file handle that?

Yes, provided that your mail server is concatenating the mail
into a text file that mailcomments.pl can parse.  See Chapter 2,
section 2.3.11 "Configure Sendmail".

> I'm a bit confused as to how to modify the mailcomments.pl file
> so that I can receive comments via email.

You shouldn't need to modify it.  Be sure to see chapter 2 of the
documentation as described above.

  John