rpm2html

Re: [Rpm2html] Some RPMs are not catched by rpm2html for the RDF-Feed

From: Peter Hanecak
Subject: Re: [Rpm2html] Some RPMs are not catched by rpm2html for the RDF-Feed
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:40:05 +0200

Hello,

On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 00:19 +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
> Is this mailing list still activ? I hope so.

it is yet going to be active while it has been created around april this
year and has not been advertised much. :)

> Well we have some trouble with our RDF-Feed. Some packages are not
> cachted as new. The html sites seem to be ok. We run mandriva 10.1 with
> rpm2html 1.8.2 on our server where the is generated.

Can you give me the name of the package which is skipped? I've tested
your config with some of your packages but I'm not going to donwload
everything. So narrowing this to specific file will help.

> You find our rpm2html website here: www.mandrivauser.de/rpm2html
>
> I have put the logfile from creating process to my private webspace:
> http://home.arcor.de/a.radke/tmp/test/log
>
> Some strange errors occur:
>
> Directory "/var/www/html/rpm2html/rdf/AndyRTR_101" already exists
> xmlEncodeEntitiesReentrant : input not UTF-8
> File /var/www/html/rpm2html/rdf/AndyRTR_101/aoss-1.0.8-1andyrtr.i586.rdf
> : Content identical !
[shortened]

That looks like libxml having trouble with characters like 'o' in
'Götz' (etc.) encoded in charset other than UTF-8.

I'm not realy using RDF functionality of rpm2html nor I'm programming
actively with libxml so I'll have to investigate this issue longer. I
assume I will have make some fixes to the rpm2html.

If you in the mean time find some solution or workaround for this,
please let me know.

Peter

= Peter Hanecak             = GnuPG public key:                 =
= address@hidden   = http://terminus.sk/\              =
= http://terminus.sk/~hany/ =   ~hany/gnupg-hany-public-key.txt =