rfid-privacy

Re: [Rfid-privacy] rfid

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Rfid-privacy] rfid
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:28:51 +0100

geert glezos writes:
 > this technology is pure control and greed
 > it's not like people are asking for this
 > legislation is always behind on 'economy'
 > and the winner is...
 > big business!

        The technology itself is not pure control (otherwise I would
not have developped this library). However, it was developped and is
currently exploited mainly by people who want control. We must counter
attack by providing means to everyone to get rid of the rfid tags
when we want (and not by asking permission to some authority).

        Having a library to query the tags is one step. The other step
is to pressure the ISO groups so that they include in the mandatory
requirements a command to permanently shutdown the chip. Currently there
is no command to do that and the only way you can get rid of a chip is
to get physical access to it. Which is sometime inconvenient when located
in the engine of your car ;-)

        Cheers,

--
Donate to FSF France online : http://rate.affero.net/fsffrance/
Loic Dachary, 12 bd Magenta, 75010 Paris. Tel: 33 1 42 45 07 97