rfid-privacy

[Rfid-privacy] RFID & Privacy

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Rfid-privacy] RFID & Privacy
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 18:00:57 +0200

        Hi,

        I'm concerned about privacy and RFID technology. As a
developper and author of a library to access RFID tags
(http://nongnu.org/projects/rfid/), I feel compeled to do my best to
address these issues.

        One possible improvement would be to include privacy features
in ISO-15693, such as a command to permanently shut down a RFID tag.
I understand that doing so is not as easy as it seems, but I'd like
to see an effort going in this direction.

        Should I send a letter to some official, voicing my concern ?
Could you tell me if there already are discussions in some working
groups ?

        Thanks for your help,

12 bd  Magenta         http://www.eucd.info/      address@hidden