reproduce-devel

[sr #110651] Pull request: Added compiler flag necessary to build the `f

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [sr #110651] Pull request: Added compiler flag necessary to build the `file` program on Centos 7
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 17:20:31 -0400 (EDT)

Update of sr #110651 (project reproduce):

             Assigned to:                    None => makhlaghi

Follow-up Comment #1:

Thanks a lot Manuel, (after some minor modifications, your commit has been
merged into the core Maneage branch as Commit 58eb63c1
<https://git.maneage.org/project.git/commit/?id=58eb63c1>. So I am closing
this issue.

Here is a list of the modifications:
* The commit title ended with a '.'. Titles generally don't end with a
full-stop; you can have a look at the Table of contents of any book for
example ;-). Maneage follows the same commit guidelines as Gnuastro
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Commit-guidelines.html>
(GNU Astronomy Utilities).
* To help get a feeling of which part of Maneage the commit belongs to, we try
to put a summary of it in the first word before a colon, you can see the full
list of recent commits here as an example:
https://git.maneage.org/project.git/log
* In the first paragraph, the version of GCC was missing; so I added it based
on your report in the Matrix-prototol room.
* Following the commit guidelines
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Commit-guidelines.html>,
the second (solution) paragraph of the commit message should start with "With
this commit, ".
* I expanded the second paragraph a little with some extra explanation ;-).
* The slanted-quotes (`) are used in markdown to identify code, but in
plain-text, they are not rendered and their usage is un-common within ASCII,
human-readable text. So we simply use a single quote (') to identify parts of
the text that are code.
* Finally, in the actual changed line, I added a '$$CFLAGS' to keep any
existing values the user may have given to this environment variable (when
building the programs in 'basic.mk'; we still rely on the host compiler and
the user's environment).

Congratulations on the first commit in Maneage, and thanks a lot for helping
make Maneage more stable for everyone :-).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110651>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/