reproduce-devel

[task #15737] slurm - openmpi - (PMIx+libevent+hwloc)

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [task #15737] slurm - openmpi - (PMIx+libevent+hwloc)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 05:56:54 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #6, task #15737 (project reproduce):

The _workaround_ of using serial mode for one program, whose failure in
maneage on the CentOS system appeared to be related to openmpi, worked
correctly.

> About the libraries from the host OS, they are installed as part of the GNU
C Library. Hopefully when task #15390 is complete, they won't cause a problem
any more :-).

That's what I suspected. That sounds like the best long-term solution for this
problem.

> Was the package with semi-consistant failures only complaining about these?

Those were the only specific libraries I saw errors about, but most failure
incidents gave no reports on which libraries failed, and only gave a
segmentation fault of unknown origin.

I'm happy to check this later when #15390 is complete.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15737>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/